Parental Guidance and Support
- Parental guidance and support assists parents in exploring options or alternatives to the family’s current ways of functioning within the family system.
- This aims to assist as well as support a parent(s) with parenting challenges or difficulties that they may be experiencing.
The key areas of focus in this regard include;
- Difficulties in communicating with your child
- Difficulties understanding your child and his/her behaviours
- Challenges with discipline
- Challenges with motivating your child in any area of their life
- Managing adjustments to family functioning following divorce, relocation, bereavement, traumatic event or addition of family members.