School Readiness Assessment
The school readiness assessment instrument covers holistic child development and assesses the various areas of development that are important for children to enter formal schooling.
Areas of development:
- Social and emotional development
- Physical and gross motor abilities
- Fine-motor coordination
- Visual perception and integration
- Mathematical or numeracy ability
- Body awareness and self-knowledge
- Language, cognitive thinking and auditory perception
- The school readiness assessment, assesses children who are 5 or 6 years old.
- Parents are guided and are provided with the necessary referrals.