The Benefits of Counselling
- Counselling aims to help you deal with and overcome issues that are undesirable.
- It provides a safe and unthreatening space for you to talk and explore difficult feelings.
- The counsellor is there to support you and respect your views.
- She will not give advice, but will help you to find your own insight and understanding of your problems.
- Counsellors are trained to provide counselling to help you cope better with your life and any issues you have.
- Counselling can often involve talking about and experiencing difficult or painful feelings and experiences. As you begin to face them, you may feel worse in some ways. However, with the help and support of your counsellor, you should gradually start to feel better.