The Benefits of Child Play Therapy
How can my child benefit:
- Play therapy can help a child gain new understanding about his or her problems and to learn new ways of coping with and solving those problems.
- Play therapy can help a child to develop new skills and to change behavior patterns.
- Play therapy can contribute towards improved ability to cope with stress and difficult situations and can increase understanding of self and others.
- It can also facilitate existing resilience and resources of strengths therefore becoming a prevention intervention.
- Play therapy can often involve talking about and experiencing difficult or painful feelings and experiences. As you begin to face them, you may feel worse in some ways. However, with the help and support of your counsellor, you should gradually start to feel better.